sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Born of Ice - Sherrilyn Kenyon After reading Born of Fire I really didn't know what to expect from Born of Ice. I was expecting something amazing to say the least and that's exactly what you get. Born in Ice is set 30 years after Born of Fire, Devyn Kell is the son of Syn and Shahara. He spent his life in service to the League as a medic until he couldn't take the double dealing and backstabbing that was costing innocent people their lives. Dev got out of the League and became a Runner, someone who delivers weapons, medicine and supplies to planets who are struggling to survive. Alix Garran is a woman on the run from a past she can’t escape. She's a slave on a mission to free her sister, mother and herself all she has to do is sign on to work for Devyn as a System’s Engineer, and find evidence of Devyn's Runner activities and anything else illegal but the only problem is Alix find's a man she can respect and feel safe with. In the end Alix has to make a decision trust the man she's fallen in love with, with her family's life or sentence him to death.

I loved that Born of Ice brought all the character's from the previous two books together! It was great to see how all there families had expanded and grown up together. Oh and you get to see a lot more of Vik, Syn's mechbot that I adored!

I really loved, adored and enjoyed reading Born of Ice. It was brilliantly written and had a fantastic ending. I thought there were a few similarities between Born of Fire and Born of Ice in the overall storyline but considering Dev went through assassin training by his family similar to Syn, maybe that's to be expected.

I found Alix a bit annoying at times though, she had no self worth whats so ever! And seemed to need Dev to keep picking her up emotionally. Which would be find considering what she went through but she seemed to have a steel will and she came across as so strong. But that aside she was a great heroine and I really enjoyed the pairing of Dev and Alix. They made an interesting couple. And what's not to love about Dev as the hero. He was real hero material!

I found Shahara, Dev's mother a bit more blood thirsty in this one which made for several giggles. Overall this was an excellent book that I thoroughly enjoyed reading and would recommend this series to everyone.