sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Into the Crossfire  - Lisa Marie Rice FYI this will be a short review. The reason why will be explained below.

Former Navy SEAL Sam Reston keeps to himself. His world is dangerous, uncertain, violent, and there is no room in it for the helpless and weak. Then the most beautiful woman in the world moves in next door to him . Nicole Pearce's life is complicated enough, with an ailing father and a new business to worry about, and the last thing she needs is to get involved with a secretive, hard-bodied, hardheaded neighbor. Yet Sam leaves her breathless, her body tingling with erotic desire, and it takes every ounce of her fabled control to resist offering herself to him, no strings attached. What she doesn't know is that Sam Reston is on an undercover assignment, and she's about to step into the crossfire. Never has Sam ached for a woman so badly, and he's never fallen in love before. Now that Nicole is in grave danger, he will become her shield, and guard the tempting body he longs to touch and taste. Because a terrorist plot hatched half a world away is heading to their doorstep and it can only be derailed by one man and one woman.

I really enjoyed this book, quite a lot. I'm a big fan of Lisa Marie Rice, she writes really great, hot contemporary romances that I can always enjoy and want to read.

My problem with Into the Crossfire is really simple, it reads too much like Midnight Man also by Lisa Marie Rice. The problem with this is Midnight Man is far superior to me than Into the Crossfire, this is possibly because I read Midnight Man before I read Into the Crossfire.

This is why I have only given into the Crossfire 3 stars.

Into the Crossfire however is still a great read with a gripping storyline that I really enjoyed. My only concern now is Midnight Man was part of a series called Midnight and had two other books in the series, Into the Crossfire is also part of a series called Protectors and as far as I know will be followed by another two stories in the series. Fingers crossed that the other two stories in the Protectors series won't be exactly the same as the Midnight series.

For a really good full review please check out Katheryn's review on goodreads!