sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Dark Warrior Untamed - Alexis Morgan No one thought Chief Talion Greyhill Danby would report to work so soon after wrapping up his affairs in London. Then again, he didn’t expect to find a beautiful spy with a major attitude in his new office. Clearly the Kyth’s Grand Dame doesn’t trust him to do his duty, to protect her. Piper Ryan isn’t keen on the arrangement, either. Matching wits with an ancient warrior isn’t in her administrative job description. But sharing space with the red-hot head of security could have unexpectedly tempting benefits, if he doesn’t dig into her secret past. When threatening e-mails result in danger, the fiery sparks between Piper and Grey grow scorching hot. They must defend the throne from a deadly invisible attacker, but will their raging desire keep them together, or will their burning suspicions tear them apart?

Oddly enough while reading this I had a really strange sense of deja vu. Somewhere in between, I've either read this before or read something really similar recently. But I'm fairly sure that neither is true.

I felt let down by the third installment of the Talions series, Dark Warrior Untamed.The set up is really great between Grey and Piper, especially at the start of the book. Both character's really appeal and you can see the romance working out really well but it just didn't, the romance just felt lacking. Which didn't help the overall story with Grey and Piper.

However, I enjoyed the obvious twist in the plot about who the baddie was and why. Because technically there was more than one baddie and I enjoyed the fact that I was sat there arguing with myself while reading Dark Warrior Untamed about who the 'supreme' baddie really was. I was sat there going no its to obvious it can't be so and so but that was what really made me stay with Dark Warrior Untamed more than the romance storyline.

Oh and the secret, once you start reading it becomes quite clear and if you don't get it in three guesses good for you because then you won't feel as disappointed as I did. It may hold your attention more too!