sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Some Girls Bite  - Chloe Neill Sure, the life of a graduate student wasn’t exactly glamorous, but it was Merit’s. She was doing fine until a rogue vampire attacked her. But he only got a sip before he was scared away by another bloodsucker—and this one decided the best way to save her life was to make her the walking undead.
Turns out her savior was the master vampire of Cadogan House. Now she’s traded sweating over her thesis for learning to fit in at a Hyde Park mansion full of vamps loyal to Ethan "Lord o’ the Manor" Sullivan. Of course, as a tall, green-eyed, four-hundred- year-old vampire, he has centuries’ worth of charm, but unfortunately he expects her gratitude—and servitude. But an inconvenient sunlight allergy and Ethan’s attitude are the least of her concerns. Someone’s still out to get her. Her initiation into Chicago’s nightlife may be the first skirmish in a war—and there will be blood.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect from Some Girls Bite but it wasn't what I got that's for sure. Some Girls Bite is a long winded beginning on how Merit's life changed and her time in transit from a human girl to a vampire and although I liked Some Girls Bite I wasn't dragged into the storyline nor was I blown away with the story. The character's are interesting and amusing but I felt something was lacking with Some Girls Bite to really draw me in and keep me glued to this book. I'll most likely read the second book because so many people have recommend this book and seem to like this series but so far I'm not a fan and can only hope this the series grows and changes as it progresses. One thing is for sure I really don't like Ethan!