sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Hotter Than Wildfire - Lisa Marie Rice The world knows her only as Eve. . . .
Though her songs have sold millions she is an enigma, a bewitching mystery. But to former Delta Force operator Harry Bolt, she is an angel whose sultry, smoky voice brought him back to life after the nightmare of Afghanistan. Nothing else matters.
And now a scared, helpless beauty has walked through the door of his San Diego private security firm, running from something secret, something deadly . . . and Harry knows immediately that this is the woman who saved him. He is the last hope for this intoxicating siren without a past—not even in his hottest dreams did he imagine that the lady Eve could be so tempting, so achingly desirable. But though she burns to lose herself in Harry's powerful arms, Eve is wary of trusting this tough, haunted ex-soldier who promises to protect her. Surrender could mean sweet ecstasy or certain doom. Can she open her heart, even if it means risking her life?

I really don't know why I read Hotter than Wildfire as I knew I wasn't going to really like it. Just from the description I knew it wasn't going to be for me but I just had to give it a try and I also wanted to know what the set-up for the next book was going to be and for that reason alone I'm glad I did because it was a half expected, half not expected and I'm really looking forward to the next book!
I can't really give Hotter than Wildfire a fair review because as I said I knew it wasn't going to work for me but I liked the characters although the beginning was quite brutal and sad the rest of the story picked up and had an interesting element to it.