sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Revelation - Lauren Dane At long last, Kendra Kellogg has found her sister-but she's no closer to filling the gaps in her past. The magick that brought them together makes them targets for dark mages intent on finishing what started with their mother's murder. As if her life wasn't chaotic enough, in barrels the one thing she doesn't expect, Max de La Vega. He's six-and-a-half-feet of cocoa-brown alpha male. He's strong, intelligent, sexy and intense. Everything she'd wanted in a man. And he scares the hell out of her. Still healing from a disastrous past relationship, she wonders if she'll ever have that kind of forever. The next in line to run his jaguar jamboree, Max is unused to hearing "no". Once he knows what he wants, he assumes he'll get it. And he wants Kendra. She deserves happiness and it's his mission to give it to her. When dark mages attempt to steal her magickal energy, Max's cat agrees with the man-Kendra is his to protect and he will stop at nothing to keep her safe. She can push him away as hard as she likes, he's not going anywhere.

As a forwarning you really shouldn’t read Revelation without reading the first book in the de La Vega Cats series otherwise you’ll be like me when I was reading this, a little lost and confused at times. However, I think it shows on Lauren Dane’s writing that I wasn’t that lost while reading Revelation because quite a lot of information was given about the first book without really giving away the whole storyline. I enjoyed the story between Kendra and Max it was quite a light fluffy read with some darker undertones to the storylines that I enjoyed and the darker undertones where brought by the dark mages who didn’t play as massive a role as I was expecting. I liked Kendra as a character I thought she was brilliant and she made me giggle at times, a definite take no shit type of character that I’m beginning to enjoy more and more now. Yet I was and still am undecided about Max although I enjoyed him I don’t know if I really liked him and he’s slightly messed up family. However the more I’m reading the more I’m enjoying Lauren Dane’s writing style.