sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Hidden Summit - Robyn Carr Sick of running into her cheery ex-husband and his new wife, Leslie Petruso accepts a job at the Virgin River branch of Haggerty Construction and takes the high road right out of town. Now she's got Paul Haggerty's business running like a well-oiled machine. In fact, things are so busy Paul jumps at the chance to hire an extra set of hands.
Just like Leslie, Conner Danson has been burned by love. But if Leslie was disappointed by her relationship going bad, Conner was decimated. He's got no time for women…although he spends an awful lot of time pretending not to notice Leslie. And she's pretty busy "ignoring" the chemistry between them.
According to Conner and Leslie, they have only one thing in common—they're done with love. But everyone in Virgin River can see that things are heating up at Haggerty Construction. And as far as Paul Haggerty can tell, the best thing he can do is hang on to his hard hat and watch the sparks fly!

After being a little disappointed with Bring Me Home for Christmas by Robyn Carr I didn’t have high hopes for Hidden Summit even though the blurb really interested me. However, I should have known Robyn Carr never disappoints me with two books in a row! Ms Carr with Hidden Summit really brought the series back for me. It wasn’t that I was getting tired, or even bored of the series I think it was that I wasn’t as overwhelmed or as fascinated with some of the recent previous characters as I had been with the first seven or ten books. Yet Hidden Summit gives us two brilliantly written and interesting characters that have a lot going on in their lives that quite quickly absorbs the reader into the storyline.
The opening of Hidden Summit quickly gets you involved in what’s happened with Conner and why he’ll be living in Virgin River (because sadly Conner needs a reason and doesn’t understand that it’s the place to be to fall in love. Pffft... men!) And then Leslie, I quickly fell in love with Leslie, she’s a really brilliant character that I couldn’t help but root for throughout the book. She’s been through so much with her jerk of an ex-husband and needs to get away from him and Virgin River is just the place for her to be. I felt that Leslie was such a positive ray of sunshine throughout Hidden Summit, even when things got hard she really tried not to let them get to her and preserved through and came out a much better and stronger person at the end. Which really appealed to me and made Hidden Summit all that more special for me. While I enjoyed Conner just as much as Leslie I think I preferred Leslie although they make a seriously great couple and you couldn’t help but feel for both of them throughout the novel I really felt more for Leslie than I did with Conner although what drove him to Virgin River was just as bad if not worse for Conner than for Leslie.
I had several ‘awww that’s sweet’ moments reading Leslie and Conner’s story and really enjoyed their budding relationship.
As always the ‘regulars’ (how I’ve come to know them) make their appearances which I always enjoy and it’s great to see what’s happened with them since their book or since they last appeared. The main other couple we got to see a little more of an update on was Cheryl and Dan which was really lovely.

Favourite Quote: “And besides, only a fool would go up against me, two little old ladies and a minister again.”

From Netgalley & the publisher