sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Darkness Unleashed - Alexandra Ivy I wanted to like this book so badly. I love the rest of the series so much! And I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book, it was out of stock on Amazon so I ordered it from an American company and waited roughly two weeks for it and read it in one sitting.

'A scarred recluse, Jagr makes no secret of his disdain for others company. But now, as a member of Chicago's powerful vampire clan, he has certain obligations to fulfill. The latest: track down a missing were pureblood and return her to her sister. The problem: Regan Garrett has no intention of complying. And though Jagr agreed not to harm an inch of this stubborn female s distractingly tempting body, he ll gladly kiss her into submission, awakening an urge he hasn t felt in years. Hell, in centuries... Regan vowed never to be at the mercy of another man. That goes double for arrogant, steel-muscled vampires with eyes of ice. All Regan wants is revenge against those who imprisoned her. She doesn't need an ally. She certainly doesn't need a mate. But soon Regan will have to choose between a lust for vengeance, and a passion as dark and dangerous as the night.'

I'd really been looking forward to Jagr story, I'm a sucker for a quiet tortured guy. And as I loved the previous books was really expected quite something amazing.
Sadly, Regan really annoyed me with her 'I don't need anyone' attitude, and I really started feeling for Jagr. He really didn't know what he got himself into.
I would say read this book as I think it's a great read but the heroine just really got on my nerves.