sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
The Darkest Passion - Gena Showalter Aeron, keeper of the Demon Wrath, has sensed an invisible female presence following him. An angel, demon-assassin, has been sent to kill him. Olivia claims she fell from the heavens, giving up immortality because she couldn't bear to harm him. But trusting, and falling for Olivia will endanger them all. So how has this 'mortal' with the huge blue eyes already unleashed Aeron's darkest passion? Now, with an enemy hot on his trail and his faithful demon companion determined to remove Olivia from his life, Aeron is trapped between duty and consuming desire. Worse still, a new executioner has been sent to do the job Olivia wouldn't.

Like many people I’ve been patiently waiting for Aeron’s book and I was expecting a lot from it and in some ways it did live up to expectation and in some ways it really didn’t.

As this series goes on I feel that we get more of the overall story than we do of the couple that the book is about. The Darkest Passion, while it did cover quite a lot of other character developments and still moved the story forward, Aeron and Olivia got a little left behind.

I did however enjoy Olivia as the heroine, I thought she’d be too weak and a bit too much of a goody two shoes for my liking but she made the choice to fall from heaven for a reason and she really lived for that reason. One of my favourite scenes was the girl talk scene where Kaia dresses Olivia up and Cameo gets some important details out of her.

I really didn’t like the whole Legion/Aeron concept and I guess this was one of those things that is meant to keep the storyline going because now I really want to know if something’s going to happen between Legion and Galen!

I’m also getting a bit fed-up with the whole Paris/Sienna thing it’s been three books stop taunting us already Ms Showalter! Bring her back and stop making Paris so miserable, please! But it will be a great book from what’s already happened in The Darkest Passion. Not going to give anything away!

I may not have rated this book very high but for anyone reading this series it really is a must read, I still plan to carry on with the series and hope it picks up some more and I am looking forward to the next book The Darkest Lie out June 29th!