sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Into The Shadow - Christina Dodd This is the third in a four part series.
Adrik Wilder is the third brother of the Wilder family. He left the family when he was a teen and they haven’t heard or seen from him since. He embraced the darkness in his panther form and has been living with his dark soul since. Karen Sonnet is used to roughing it while building her father’s hotels, what she’s not used to is the dark stranger who slips into her tent at night to make love to her. Then something unusual happens and Adrik is forced to kidnap her or watch the woman he loves die. But Karen doesn’t want to be kidnapped and tied to Adrik’s bed for however long he pleases. But Karen’s spirit and passion make him question the force of his family’s curse. And when a new evil emerges, Adrik must choose whether to enact revenge on his enemies and redeem his soul, or save Karen from a fate worse than death.
Into The Shadows was a great read and really brought back the series for me. It was well thought and planned out and I really enjoyed reading it.
Adrik is a great tough dark hero at the start of this story and is even a better hero after his torture and enlightenment. Karen is a great heroine, she’s tough and knows her own mind. She won’t let Adrik walk all over her, she gives him what for quite often.
I loved Karen’s growth through the story, from trying to please her Father to leaving his business to travel round the world. But the whole time she’s still thinking about Adrik and looking over her shoulder for him again. Then when he does come for her, she’s not sure if it’s him or not because of the changes he’s been through. And when the Varinski’s attack Adrik and Karen, she doesn’t leave him to die like she thinks she should, she helps him fight and live. I loved that Karen was a fighter no matter what happened in her life whether it was a real fight or just standing up for herself and her beliefs.
I think this is a wonderful story, extremely well written and I would really recommend this series!