sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Running Scared - Shannon K. Butcher They are Sentinels. Three races descended from ancient guardians of mankind, each possessing unique abilities in battle to protect humanity against their eternal foes: the Synestryn.
Lexi Johns has been running from the Sentinels all her life, she was taught at an early age to fear them but she’s determined to free her best friend from them. Zach, the Sentinel that Lexi has been running from is sure he can find her and convince her they’re meant to be together. For the power Zach has inside him will destroy him if he doesn’t find the woman who can channel it for him. While on the run Lexi has teamed up with the Defenders, a group of men and women out to destroy the Sentinels and all they stand for. Lexi has tricked Zach into believing she needs rescuing and see's her chance to strike at the Sentinels but what she finds is more than she was expecting. The Sentinels aren’t the monsters she thought they were and Zach, Zach shows himself to be everything Lexi has been looking for.

Lexi and Zach are both characters from the first Sentinel Wars book Burning Alive. I found this story quite enjoyable and couldn’t put it down at all. Lexi did annoy me a lot during the start of Running Scared but after she got finally got over herself and settled down I really thought she was a good female lead but after reading Burning Alive I did fall a little for the whole Lexi and Zack relationship but Running Scared seemed to have cancelled out the previous action and attraction and put them back to square one.

I loved Zach in this story. I thought he was great. A brilliant male lead and an enjoyable alpha hero. He did everything right to try and win Lexi and to gain her trust.

I find it a shame that I don’t seem to like the heroines very much in this series because I think this series is really great and it’s really going somewhere. Each book flows well and can be read as a series or as a stand-alone because it’s so well written that you don’t really need to read the other books in order to totally understand what’s going on just yet.

Other mentionable from Running Scared are:

I still don’t like Gilda and now I can actually say that although you find out what the big dark secret is, I don’t feel sorry for her. She comes across, to me anyway, as selfish and always wanting to be in control.
There’s something more between Torr and Grace and I hope they get there own book or at least get together in the next book or just something nice!
There is more Nika and Madoc action, not really enough because Madoc is still away killing Synestryn to help Nika regain herself.
And the best bit, to me, is Nika and Madoc get the next book Living Nightmare which is due out this November and there’s an extract at the end of Running Scared and wow it looks good and I really can’t wait to buy it!