sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Born of Fire - Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Fire was much more enjoyable than I had anticipated and now I'm annoyed at myself for putting off reading it for so long. Why did I put it off, well Shahara Dagan is a bounty hunter, she's a kick-ass heroine and I was put off by that. After reading plenty of other reviews on Born of Fire I was sure that I wasn't going to like it, as Syn is the ultimate tortured hero and I couldn't see how a kick-ass heroine was going to be a great match for him. But I should have know better. Ms Kenyon has never let me down with any of her books and I should have know I would love it. Ms Kenyon was the first author I read for paranormal romance two years ago and I will still happily read one of her books today!
As a child Syn was raised as a tech-thief until his livelihood uncovered a truth that could end his life. Now trained as an assassin, he allows no one to threaten him. He is the darkness that swallows his enemies whole. Shahara Dagan is the best bounty hunter in the universe. She needs the money from capturing Syn to help save her sister. There’s only one problem, Syn is a close family friend of her brother, he's helped out the Dagans countless times. But if she saves him, both of their lives will be on the line. Shahara knows Syn is innocent of the crimes he's been accused of but she believes in the justice system and the only hope Shahara has of saving Syn is to find the evidence he buried long ago.

This is a brilliant series! I truly loved the first book Born of Night and was swept away with the pace of Born of Fire. It never slowed once and I found it hard to drag myself away, even for a cup of tea! Syn is an amazing tortured hero, you get all of his background through the story and it is such a heart breaking story you can't help but sympathise for him. In a way you can respect what Shahara does, she does what she thinks is right not out of fear but in the end out of love for Syn. She's a brilliant blood thirsty kick-ass heroine that you can't help but admire after everything she's been through.I really enjoyed the opening of the book with Syn in all his kick-ass glory putting down the assassin's sent to kill him.

I really can't explain how much I enjoyed this book and was shocked when I read the preface that publishers weren't willing to buy this book from Ms Kenyon when she first tried selling it. There loss and now it's are gain!

This is a brilliant series I can't wait to read the next book Born of Ice and I can hope that the series may continue. If not it's just a great small series.

I would happily recommend any Sherrilyn Kenyon book to new readers and would say if you pick up a book from any of her series always go for the first one.