sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Chains of Ice - Christina Dodd I'm really loving this series. And I was so happy to finally get a copy of Chains of Ice.

When the world was young, twins were born by a vein and fickle woman, the woman thought the children were too ugly and decided to discard them, she threw the boy into the forest and tossed the girl into a running stream and turned her back on both children in doing so the children died and came back to life changed, gifted and these children were the first Abandoned Ones.

The boy brought light to a dark world and the girl brought darkness and danger. They gathered other Abandoned Ones around them, men and women destined to use their gifts for good or evil. Through the ages and eons the battle was joined between the Chosen Ones and the Others. Today, their descendents walk the earth as the Chosen Ones and the ultimate battle is about to begin.

For one magic summer, Genny Valente escapes to spend time as a wildlife observer in the untamed mountains. Little does she know that a beast more fear...more

Chains of Ice is all about the seventh Chosen One John Powell. He fled his fate and his duty as a Chosen One scared of his gift and tormented by his memories as a survivor from his group of Chosen Ones. Powell returned to the land he was born and lives his life as a hermit. Until Genny Valente receives a graduation gift from her father, to spend one summer as a wildlife observer but she has to do her father a 'favour' while she's there. Find John Powell and ask him to return to New York. But the Others have caught up with John and Genny and now there in a battle for their lives.

I really enjoyed reading Chains of Ice, I feel that this book was the turning book for me in the series and I feel like more has been explained and we're moving along on the stroyline. So much happens in Chains of Ice it was pretty hard to put it down.

I liked the relationship between Genny and John and how protective John became over her and how they spent their time together. Until it ended badly, these two are my second favourite couple so far!

While reading Chains of Ice after 3/4 of the way through the book I knew I a) really badly wanted Gary to die, b) didn't want Irving to die and c) wanted to know who the weird lady was, with the split nose that has been present through all three books so far in the series.

And boy do you find out some things. Trying really hard not to give too much away! I will say however that John takes over from Gary by becoming the leader, (at the end of book #2 Storm of Shadows Gary wakes up from his coma and walks into the Chosen Ones home) and the book skips two years while John is in charge of the Chosen Ones, which works out the seven years with the seven characters because Isabella and Samuel get together which then just leaves two years for Charisma and Aleksandr to find their true love.

I'm really enjoying this series and would really recommend it to any paranormal fans who fancy trying something different.