sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Beyond the Darkness - Alexandra Ivy I can't believe I kept putting off Salvatore's book. I thought it wouldn't be all that great as Salvatore was a jerk in the previous books and I hadn't really seen his character change so wasn't quite sure how he'd get his own HEA but he really managed it.

Salvatore Giuliani is not a happy werewolf. It’s his duty as leader to track down the pureblood females who can keep his people from extinction. But the moment he catches scent of Harley, a pureblood held by a pack of mangy curs, his savage need for her obliterates all other instincts. And the only thing worse than being captured is finding that beautiful, independent Harley defiantly refuses to become his mate. Harley has been taught to distrust all Weres, especially their arrogant king. She won’t be used for breeding or bonded against her will, not even to a man who makes every nerve tingle with awareness. Yet Salvatore is her key to saving the family she never knew she had if she dares to succumb to his dark, predatory desire, and face a vicious enemy sworn to destroy them both.

There was so much going on in this storyline that I really enjoyed Beyond The Darkness much more than I thought I would. To start with I really enjoyed the relationship between Salvatore and Harley. I thought they made a really great couple. I really liked Harley. I thought she was a great character, she spent her life as Caine's prisoner thinking the rest of her family were dead and that Salvatore wanted to kill her. So she spent her life believing all of Caine's lies and never knowing the truth about her family.

Harley is one tough heroine and manages to do something Caine has never managed, capture Salvatore. Although she only gets the upper hand because Salvatore has just realised Harley is his mate and there hasn't been a mating in a very long time within the Were comunity.

They both end up on the run from Caine and his evil ways, which make for an interesting read, and of course there's a bad Were who's using black magic and determinded to be the new king of Were's.

It was really great to continue to see the old characters from the previous books, to see how there relationships have grown and how everyone is bonding.

Styx and Darcy - Darcy was great with finding her third sister and they seemed to have found a great sisterly bond. Styx and Darcy were great as usual. I quite enjoyed the banter between Styx and Salvatore and the scene where they fight.

Abby and Dante - I always love seeing Abby and Dante, together or apart. I still love the comedy of everyone being shocked that Abby is a goddess.

Caine and Cassandra - Cassandra is the fourth sister and although I'm looking forward to reading about her I'm not sure that I'm happy for her to be paired with Caine. Does this mean that he's turned a new leaf and is going to be a good guy or does it mean that he's going to use and manipulate Cassandra for his own means?

To sum up a great book and a still brilliant series that I can't wait to continue reading! So looking forward to Tane's book Devoured by Darkness which comes out in November!