sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Silent Truth - Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dianna Love After reading Whispered Lies I wasn't sure I wanted to continue with the series but as I still had Silent Truth as an ebook I decided to see how the book would go.

Four years ago Hunter Thornton-Payne III lost his best friend and partner of the Bureau of American Defense, when a mission went bad and his friend was shot and sacrificed himself so Hunter could get out alive and complete the mission. Four years later Hunter is still determined to find the assassin and kill him. As an agent of the Bureau of American Defense (B.A.D) Hunter has to go to a charity fund-raiser to find the assassin but in doing so he risks going rogue but he's determined to find the assassin until he meets Abbie Blanton. Abbie is on a secret mission of her own, she's blackmailed her boss to get into the charity fund-raiser to find the cure her mother's mysterious illness, Abbie must find the high-profile heiress who's hosting the fund-raiser. When Abbie finally gets to talk to the heiress she tries to blackmail and bluff her way through the conversation until the heiress is shot and Abbie realizes she's stumbled into an unforgiving conspiracy and she's the next target. Hunter comes to her rescue (more than once) and soon Abbie and Hunter are on the run from B.A.D and the assassin Hunter has wanted to kill of so long. Soon, Abbie and Hunter discover an alarming connection and begin a treacherous battle against an evil enterprise that someone will go to terrifying lengths to keep hidden.

I really wish I could say this was a great book but I can't. Although I enjoyed Silent Truth I don't think I'll be continuing with the series unless the next book really grabs my attention. It's action packed that keeps you gripped with what's happening but the Fratelli, who can be blamed for the Black Plague, global warming, or the attack on the Twin Towers who still continue on in there fight for world domination in Silent Truth just doesn't appeal to me and I find that I don't enjoy that part of the overall story.

What I did enjoy was how Hunter and Abbie had met before, when Abbie was going through a bad time in her life, although Abbie doesn't remember them meeting, Hunter does. Abbie went into a bar and asked Hunter to take her home with him, but she's so drunk Hunter tries to send her home only she won't let him so he takes her home with him and although Abbie doesn't remember the night Hunter does. All this time later Hunter remembers his night with his own 'angel' and how she slept curled up to him.
I also enjoyed how Hunter kept Abbie safe not just from the assassin but from B.A.D as well. Even though it was illegal for Hunter to keep Abbie from B.A.D and the information she had, he was determined to keep her safe and with him.