sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Atlantis Unmasked - Alyssa Day I haven't read this series for nearly a year and wasn't to sure I'd be interested in reading Atlantis Unmasked but thought I'd give it ago. Sadly I was right this story was a bit plain but it took the series further which is always good.

Poseidon’s warriors swore an oath eleven thousand years ago to protect humanity from those who stalked the night. Yet when a woman with an ancient Gift dares to claim the heart of one of Poseidon’s fiercest warriors, the world teeters on the knife’s edge between desire and darkness.

Grace is one of the rebels in Quinn's army, who's been wanting vengeance on Vampires who killed her brother ten years ago when he went out to celebrate his 21st birthday and never came home again. So since Grace was 15 she's been training to be the best and to defeat the Vampires. Grace is a descendant of Diana, goddess of the hunt and is good with a bow and arrow like her descendant.

Alexios is one of the Atlantean Seven, his face is scarred from vampire goddess Anubisa. He spent two years as her 'guest' and spent his time being tortured and no longer knows if he's really a 'good guy', he's not sure he can have sex without thinking there must be pain involved and for that reasoning he feels he is not good enough for Grace and must keep his difference. But he's the one been sent to help Grace train the new recruits and they can't help but dance around each other until one of them finally makes the decision to go for it.

There was a huge build-up in Atlantis Unleashed about Grace and Alexios, which led to Atlantis Unmasked only to not really have much on the page action. Atlantis Unmasked is my least favourite in the series so far. It's not as was well written as the others and I don't feel it flows as well either. The ending is what bothered me the most. The Goddess Dianna shows up to help defeat Anubisa (and like many people, wonder if she'll really stay dead) and mentions how Grace has always been special and Alexios asks Dianna if Grace can visit his home and she grants him permission and informs Grace that she is pregnant!

Although I'm glad Alexios got his HEA this wasn't the story I would have thought he would have gotten.