sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Midnight Moon - Lori Handeland I thought I'd give Lori Handeland's Nightcreature series another go and try an earlier book. I really liked the blurb about the book.

Cassandra thought she had the perfect life until she suffered a devastating tragedy. Now she has a new identity as Priestess Cassandra, owner of a New Orleans voodoo shop, and a new purpose. A research trip for a paranormal secret society leads Cassandra to Haiti, where rumors fly of a sinister voodoo master, Jacques Mezareau, who can resurrect the dead. Fortune hunter Devon Murphy agrees to guide Cassandra there safely, but his sensual appeal promises danger of a different kind. As Cassandra and Devon make their way to the eerie jungle village, their attraction explodes into an intoxicating desire, and Cassandra begins to question her resolve to never let another man into her life. Her attempts to resist Devon become more and more impossible. But when she succeeds in learning Jacques’s macabre ritual, her new powers may have come with a terrifying price. Now, haunted by violent dreams that grow more vivid as the midnight moon approaches, Cassandra must uncover the shocking truth about an ancient curse before it leads her to destroy herself and everyone she loves.

I really disliked Midnight Moon it was in first person narrative and it was all about Priestess Cassandra. She seemed very self obsessed and I just didn't find the overall story interesting at all. I didn't understand at all how Cassandra and Devon would even make their 'relationship' work it was just sex and I didn't seem to see any sort of connection between the two of them other than sexual chemistry which wasn't very amazing.

I'm really not sure if I'd ever pick up another book in the Nightcreatures series again.