sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Born To Be Wild - Christine Warren I was expecting more from Born to be Wild than I actually got but it was still a good story.

Josie Barrett brings out the animal in men. Literally. As the local veterinarian in a town that’s approximately seventy percent Others mostly shapeshifters Josie deals with beastly situations all the time. It’s practically part of her job description. But when the werewolves of Stone Creek, Oregon, start turning downright feral, Josie smells a rat among other, more dangerous critter. Teaming up with the ferociously sexy Eli Pace, a full-time sheriff and part-time were-lion, Josie tries to contain the shapeshifting problem before it spreads like a virus. But when more shifters get infected and stuck in their animal forms the fur really begins to fly. Josie and Eli have to find the cause, fast, before the whole town goes to the dogs. But first, they have to wrestle with a few animal urges of their own.

I really liked Josie, I thought she was a great character, totally sweet and caring and she tried so hard to save the shapeshifters in her town even though she didn't really know much about shapeshifters and there ability to shift. I wasn't quite so keen on Eli I thought he tried too hard to be protective of Josie and that he should have given her a bit more credit.

The overall story of Born to be Wild was a bit brutal at times with the death of the female wolf and the bad guys racism of the shapeshifters, it was a great story but it ended a bit abruptly for my liking.