sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Outcast  - Cheryl Brooks I was bad and skipped book #3 just wasn't interested in reading the story after reading what the blurb was about, thought Outcast would be more interesting but it wasn't by much.

Sold into slavery when his planet was destroyed, Lynx was enslaved in a harem. He is a favorite due to his feline gene, which gives him remarkable sexual powers, but after ten years, Lynx is exhausted. Thrown out without a penny, Lynx is bitter and anti-female. He emigrates to a new planet but can only find a job with a female rancher. Bonnie's boyfriend has left with all their money and she needs help with the ranch as she's pregnant. Lynx is cynical, but honest, and though he has made it clear that he wants no part of a romantic relationship, Bonnie can't resist him. She finds out about his impotence and becomes determined not to let such a beautiful and sensual young man go to waste.

Outcast is a sci-fi romance meets erotica romance and is brilliantly written by Cheryl Brooks. The background to the story is about a breed of warriors who are a mix between cats and humans and their planet has been blown up and any survivors are hunted down and killed and no-one really knows why. The Cat Star Chronicles is all about the few warrior survivors of the war who fought together and were all sold into slavery and how they've survived since, found their mates and are trying to find each other again.

After reading the blurb I really wasn't sure if I was going to like Outcast but thought I'd give it ago because it had to be better than Rogue. What I loved about Outcast was Bonnie, she was a brilliant character and didn't seem to ever let anything get her down. Bonnie is left running the farm after her boyfriend runs off with all the money and her grandmothers ring and she's heavily pregnant needing someone to help her run the farm.

What I didn't like about Outcast, Lynx oh my god seriously if you love a tortured hero who takes it out on an innocent person, like Bonnie then Lynx is your guy. After a while I seriously got a bit sick of Lynx and his attitude. It took Lynx a looong time for his attitude to change and by that point I was thinking of putting the book down but happily Lynx's attitude changed and the storyline picked up pace and added an extra element of interest, well it did for me anyway. Bonnie's ex-boyfriend wanted back in Bonnie's life and was determined to try and get rid of Lynx so he could have his old life back but happily Lynx realised Bonnie really loved him and offed the guy.

Ok so I didn't love Outcast, but I liked it and thought it was a good book and I liked that it was a change of pace from the previous books.