sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Midnight Kiss - Robyn Carr, Jean Brashear, Victoria Dahl I was so excited when I realised what there was another Robyn Carr Virgin River book out before 2011! I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! Happily it's in an Anthology with two other, new to me authors that I was happy enough to try out.

Midnight Confessions by Robyn Carr - 4 stars
Sunny's come to Virgin River to spend New Year's Eve with her Uncle Nate and his new wife Annie. It's been a year since she was left at the alter and she's still bitter about it all. Drew has borrowed his Sister's and Brother-in-law's (Marcie and Ian, Erin and Aidan) cabin to study for his second-year orthopedic residency. He broke up with his fiancee nine months ago. Both are the only single people in Jack's Bar on New Year's Eve, nursing there broken hearts and broken relationships trying to move forward.

I really thought Midnight Confessions was a brilliant, lovely read but much too short for my liking! You could really feel for Sunny with what she went through and although you can understand her bitterness, you want her to move forward and Drew was so sweet! It was great for him to get his own story because I remember when he was first mentioned in A Virgin River Christmas I wondered if he'd get his own story! It was the best short story in the book for me! I loved reading about the other character's from the previous books too!

Midnight Surrender by Jean Brashear - 2 stars
When a flinty lawyer with a bad-boy addiction meets the quintessential nice guy, sparks fly that consume their expectations of life and love.

I didn't enjoy Midnight Surrender at all! I really hated the character Jordan, she was annoying and just didn't appeal to me at all. On the other hand I liked Will but thought that he was just too nice to be able to really deal with Jordan.

Midnight Assignment by Victoria Dahl - 3 stars
Working over the holidays on a messy bank takeover is made worse for two federal specialists by an ill-advised kiss that will never happen again, right?

Midnight Assignment was an short, sweet, enjoyable, funny read. I really liked Elise and Noah, you could really feel for both of them under their circumstances. I really loved the way the ending was written! I quite liked Victoria Dahl's writing style and plan to look up her other stories in the near future.

Overall, this was a great book and would happily recommend it to any Robyn Carr or Victoria Dahl readers. Although I didn't enjoy Midnight Surrender I don't think the book lacked because of it as there's a different kind of story for everyone!