sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Hot Finish - Erin McCarthy Suzanne Jefferson is broke, which is why she’s given up charity work for wedding planning. Fortunately, she has a high-profile client and best of all, they've paid in advance. There are just two problems:- 1) The bride is a bona fide bridezilla, and 2) Suzanne’s ex-husband is the best man.
At least she thought he was her ex-husband. Two years after their marriage fell apart, stock car race driver Ryder Jefferson still can’t stop thinking about Suzanne. Which is why he isn’t too upset that, due to a 'glitch', the two are still technically married. Now he’s imagining easing Suzanne’s woes by satisfying her needs in the bedroom. After all, that’s the one room they never argued in. Besides, with wedding bells ringing all around them, Ryder is wondering if even though they’d quit the race a few laps too early they can still come on strong with a big, romantic finish.

Hmmm... Hot Finish wasn't as good as the previous two stories in this series. It was a good story but I didn't really enjoy it as much as I wanted too. I quite liked Ryder he seemed like a good character but Suzanne just didn't do it for me. She left me feeling annoyed and wanting to give her a good shake at times.

Their story just wasn't as good, it didn't feel as though it really connected the two main character's all that well together. However, it was great to have the series continued and see the previous character's, Flat-Out Sexy's Tamara and Eric, Hard and Fast's Imogen and Ty and other supporting character's such as Evan, Jonas and Nikki.

Favourite Quote: "She opened her mouth to say something, anything, she wasn't sure what, but she was right about the kiss. There was no time to spit out a single word before Ryder was on her like stink on pigs."

Hot Finish might not have been the best book in the series but it had the ability to make me laugh and provided a large amount of light entertainment.
Evan's book 'The Chase' is out in April 2011 and I'm looking forward to seeing him fall and finally get his comeuppance.