sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Sense and Sensibility  - Jane Austen Marianne Dashwood wears her heart on her sleeve, and when she falls in love with the dashing but unsuitable John Willoughby she ignores her sister Elinor's warning that her impulsive behaviour leaves her open to gossip and innuendo. Meanwhile Elinor, always sensitive to social convention, is struggling to conceal her own romantic disappointment, even from those closest to her. Through their parallel experience of love and its threatened loss, the sisters learn that sense must mix with sensibility if they are to find personal happiness in a society where status and money govern the rules of love.

I really enjoyed Sense and Sensibility it was better than I was expecting. Expect for Marianne who at times annoyed me quite a lot! I found her sensibility too much at times and wanted to throttle her myself. Especially at the way she let her emotions control her to the extent that she was hurting her family yet Elinor who was going through a similar situation suffered in silence and had no-one to confide in. Also she was taking hits daily from Lucy Steele which made it even worse! Yet it was Marianne that everyone had sympathy for.

Sense and Sensibility is a great romantic love story with a really interesting twist that I didn't know about, which made it all that more enjoyable for me. It was some wonderfully written characters that I really liked and enjoyed, Mrs Jennings and some that I really disliked, Lucy Steele!
I was more than happy to read this for University as I've only read one other Jane Austen book and enjoyed it immensely. I certainly plan to read more Jane Austen books in my future.

Favourite Quote: "Marianne was silent; it was impossible for her to say what she did not feel, however trivial the occasion; and upon Elinor therefore the whole task of telling lies when politeness required it, always fell. She did her best when thus called on, by speaking of Lady Middleton with more warmth than she felt, though with less than Miss Lucy."

Overall, a brilliant book that really is a timeless classic that everyone of any age can read.