sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
No Place to Run (KGI, #2) - Maya Banks No Place To Run is the second book in Maya Banks KGI series about a group of ex-military brothers who have formed there own business Kelly Group International, they specialise in hostage and victim recovery and intelligence gathering.
The last person Sam Kelly expected to save was Sophie Lundgren. Once they shared a brief, intense affair while Sam was undercover and then she vanished. She's spent the last few months on the run, knowing that any mistake would cost her both her life and that of their unborn child. Now she's resurfaced with a warning for Sam: this time, he's the one in danger.

I much preferred No Place To Run to the first book The Darkest Hour, as I connected with the characters and the story much more this time around. I was involved in the story right from the first page, which was incredibly steamy if I do say so myself! The story started when Sam and Sophie first met 5 months previously, so you do know what the overall storyline right from the beginning.

I really liked Sophie, she had a really tough life with her father and just wanted to be free of him and Sam was her way out. She's a really tough cookie, trying to kick ass while being pregnant and trying to stay away from Sam to keep him safe but in the end she needs his help for her and her baby's survival.

Sam annoyed me in parts of No Place To Run due to his brother Garrett who was constantly being pessimistic and swaying Sam to disbelieve Sophie and to not trust her intentions or whatever she was really says. Which made me dislike Garret more than I originally did, which was the one and only down side to No Place To Run for me.
However, Sam soon makes up for it in his love and devotion to Sophie although they both have trust issues with one another Sam always makes it up to Sophie, generally because he's always in the wrong. But I liked that Sam was a tough guy but had no problem saying sorry to Sophie when he knew he was at fault. Not all guys will do this!

I really liked Sophie and Sam together, once Sam eventually got over his trust issues with Sophie they made a great couple and I can't wait to read more about them in the rest of the series and see how they progress as a couple and as a family when the baby finally arrives.

I was sad that the youngest two brothers weren't included in No Place To Run, as I quite liked them both in the first book. It was nice to see more of Rusty the Kelly's newest addition to the family and Sean another adoptive member of the Kelly family. It was quite heartbreaking about Marlene and Frank! I hope we get more of them in the next book.

I really enjoyed No Place To Run right from the get go. I loved the story so much I devoured it in about 4 hours! I'm super excited for the next book, Hidden Away, Garrett's book which is out in March 2011!