sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning I was apprehensive about reading BloodFever as I thought it wouldn't measure up to the first book DarkFever and I was spot on. Julie from Yummy Men and Kiss Ass Chicks sums up the point of BloodFever beautifully "It is your typical second book in an Urban Fantasy series. Book one usually sets up the world and its players. Book two is typically a transition book. The book that reminds us of how the world works in the series, shows us how the hero or heroine has developed from book one and guides the reader in the direction that the series is ultimately going to take her." I wished I'd know this before I'd read BloodFever then my expectations wouldn't have been so high. Le sigh!

The first 1/4 of BloodFever wasn't the greatest start to the book I'll be honest. But it did eventually pick up. The other 3/4 of the book were super but as this is still the first Urban Fantasy series I've ever read I'm still getting used to the fact that there is no HEA at the end of each book and that you spend quite a lot of time after the books is finished going well... what's next? And what was that meant to mean and so on and so fourth. Which I find quite frustrating! I was originally going to wait until the last book came out (January 2011) and then read them all but Smexy Books and Fiction Vixen have been holding Fever Discussions on the run up to the last book, ShadowFever being released and I thought it would be great to hear what other people think etc. Although it has been helpfully its also been just as frustrating because no-one really knows how its going to end and everyone has, not just high expectations of each book but how it will end as well!

Kind of got sidetracked sorry! I really enjoyed how we got so much more out of Mac in BloodFever. Not only has she now got a sort of split personality going on with her Dark Mac and her Rainbow Mac but she also see's herself as another person entirely. At the end of DarkFever I was worried that Mac would never be the girl she once was before, and that's true in a sense she won't but at times in BloodFever she still tried to be Rainbow Mac, her old self which I really enjoyed.

BloodFever continues to give us the 'original' characters from the first book Barrons, V’lane, and the Dark Lord just to name a few but now we also get some new players into the mix which adds extra huh? moments but also new possibilities.

I really enjoyed more Barrons and Ms Lane time. However, I really didn't like V’lane in this one, actually I don't really like him at all! And wish he would just go away but he makes Barrons jealous which makes things much more interesting. But the Barrons and Mac time was well... wow!

I also got super excited when I realised Barrons kicked Fiona to the curb! Making more Barrons and Mac time! Oh and I nearly swooned when Barrons trashed the shop. But I'm not saying anymore!

I'm super excited to start reading FaeFever soon!

Favourite Quote: "One day you may kiss a man you can't breathe wihout, and find breath is of little consequence."

"Jericho"
"Mac"
"Thank you for saving my life. Again."

"I was about to look away when he reached across the seat, touched my jaw with his long, strong, beautiful fingers, and caressed my face. Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It's like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head in its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs."

BloodFever wasn't as good as DarkFever but it was still a great book and its still a fantastic series that I'm literally gripped in my seat while reading!