sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Promise Canyon - Robyn Carr After years spent on ranches around Los Angeles, Clay Tahoma is delighted to be Virgin River's new veterinary assistant. The secluded community's wild beauty tugs at his Navajo roots, and he's been welcomed with open arms by everyone in town everyone except Lilly Yazhi.

Lilly has encountered her share of strong, silent, traditional men within her own aboriginal community, and she's not interested in coming back for more. In her eyes, Clay's earthy, sexy appeal is just an act used to charm wealthy women like his ex-wife. She can't deny his gift for gentling horses, but she's not about to let him control her. There's just one small problem she can't control her attraction to Clay.

Promise Canyon is another great book in the Virgin River series, that I am addicted to. I'll be honest and say that since its been a while since I've last read a full length virgin river series that I'd forgotten how they go and felt a little let down with Promise Canyon. It was a great, sweet read but I felt something was missing between Lilly and Clay. They made a great couple, they had great chemistry but they didn't send sparks flying off the page! Which I felt was a real let down compared to some of Robyn Carr's other books and couples in the Virgin River series.

I really liked Lily, although Lily has been living in Virgin River for sometime this is (as far as I can remember) the first time we've been introduced to her.

Compared to Clay, who is a new arrival to Virgin River. I didn't like Clay all that much, he just didn't appeal to me. He's a nice guy, absolutely nothing wrong with him but I think I found him too much of a 'nice guy'.

Clay was so preoccupied with trying not to hurt his ex-wife's feelings when she came to see him at Virgin River that he ended up hurting Lily instead.

It was great to see previous members of Virgin River. Luke and Shelby, Jack and Mel, well really everyone had a mention! Promise Canyon also includes three other side stories to the main one of Lily and Clay which I think really helped break up some of the story and keep you more interested in what is happening with the town of Virgin River, which I really loved. Something happens to Hope (the mayor sort of) and Jack has to deal with the consequences, which makes you really feel for Jack.

A new guy has come to Virgin River looking for his Dad and has instead formed a new friendship with Jack, but I'm just a sap when it comes to Jack he has such a big heart and it there for everyone!

And of course the storyline for the next book Wild Man Creek is set up with Colin Riordan which was really sad and sweet and I can't wait to read it and find out what happens to him! Now I'm going to shut up before I release any spoilers!

Overall, Promise Canyon is another great addition to a brilliant series that I just can't get enough of!