sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Play of Passion - Nalini Singh In his position as Tracker for the SnowDancer pack, Drew Kincaid must rein in rogue changelings who've lost control of their animal halves, even if it means killing those who've gone too far. But nothing in his life has prepared him for Indigo Rivers. Drew knows Indigo for him but has a had time of explaining that to her. Indigo is older than Drew and only sees him as a playful, flirty, young man. Indigo is a dominant female and is high ranking in the SnowDancer pack, she believes in rank and her wolf and herself are confused by Drew as his position as Tracker is direct only to the alpha. Drew will do anything to win Indigo over no matter what it takes. But in the end will Drew go to far and lose Indigo? The Psy however, are up to no good but this time will they take it too far or will the council finally break?

Yet another brilliant story from Ms Singh. Play of Passion was amazing. It was great to see more into the SnowDancer pack at first I wasn't sure how I'd feel about moving away from the DarkRiver pack but Play of Passion was so amazing that I became so caught up in the story that I didn't really miss that we were in a different pack.

Of course the main members of the DarkRiver pack were involved in Play of Passion and it was great to see them all again!

Play of Passion had everything you could want in a good book the only downside in my opinion were the fact the Psy didn't really do what I was expecting, I thought there would be a big blowout but nope nothing of the sort, but what happened with the Psy was still really good and I'm looking forward to how that advances in the future books!

My main pick with Play of Passion was Indigo. I just... didn't like her. I can really explain it, she was a little like a spoilt child stuck in her ways and always thinking she was right and not really listening to Drew and taking in what he was telling her.

Drew however, won back the book for me! I loved and adored him. He gave the book everything you could want, light entertainment, comedy, sadness, love, and so much more.

Favourite Quotes: "His wolf sat up in anticipation - he'd never wanted easy. He'd always wanted Indigo. And tomorrow, he'd have her all to himself, far from the den and the hierarchy... and the rules that she used to keep her own explosive response to him under vicious control. But he knew. He'd tasted it. And he was going to make Indy admit it - even if he had to sneak in under her defenses using every dirty trick in the book. This was war. Who the hell cared about playing fair?

"When she stopped and raised her face to the dewy morning sunlight, releasing her breath in a long, slow exhale, he went motionless. Her unhidden joy at being in the stark, stunning, beauty of the Sierra Nevada sang to him, and it was a dangerous pull. He should step back, should move in the opposite direction.
He should.
He turned and angled down through the trees until he appeared in the path beside her instead. Jerking back in surprise, Sienna stared at him with wide eyes. When he did nothing but wait for her, she continued on the trail, shooting him small looks filled with suspicion until it became clear he was intent only on keeping her company.
Then her stride relaxed, and they walked.
In silence."

"You know I'm Lucas admin assistant, right?" At their nods, Ria continued, "when he released I was pregnant, he yelled at me."
Andrew blinked "Seriously?" The cats adored kids as much as the SnowDancers did. He couldn't imagine the leopard alpha not being pleased about the event.
"Uh-huh. He asked me what the hell he was supposed to do when I went on maternity leave." Ria waited a beat before delivering the punch line.
"Then he told me to put my feet up and wouldn't even let pick up a stapler until I threatened to bash his head in with it."

I really enjoyed the small glimpses we got of Hawke and Sienna and am so looking forward to their book next year! Overall, Play of Passion was an amazing book and another great addition to the series!