sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Ruthless Game - Christine Feehan Ghostwalker Kane Cannon is pure male animalistic, sexual, protective, instinctive and his past missions have prepared him for anything. But his newest assignment, to rescue hostages in Mexico, plunges him into a hot zone he never anticipated. Mexico is the hiding place of Rose Patterson, fugitive, ex-lover, a fellow Ghostwalker pregnant with his child. Rose is in flight from the insidious experiments that still live in her dreams, and from the madman who’d do anything to take her child. Of all the Ghostwalkers enlisted to hunt her down, Kane is the only one she can trust. But as their passion reignites, the stakes are raised. Because Kane is now a wanted man as well. And together they’re about to face the most desperate challenge of all, staying together and staying alive.

I didn't have overly high expectations for this book as Kane is in the same team as Mack, who was the hero in the previous Ghostwalker book Street Game and although I enjoyed it the characters didn't appeal to me as much as the characters from the other teams who were in the previous books. But I went into this book with an open mind, prepared to like it and not like it as much as the other books in this series. Happily I did end up liking it but the first half of the book was a bit 'meh' for me, although I adored the action in this book which there was plenty of. I much preferred the second half of the book, where there was more action, more romance and more involvement of other characters which added more to the book and hero and heroine.

I wasn't overly fond of Kane and Rose, they were good characters but at times I had a problem connecting with them, yet at other times there wasn't a problem at all, which I found a little annoying. However, I managed to get past this and really enjoy the overall storyline.

My only main problem with Ruthless Game was that Whitney (the bad guy since book 1, Shadow Game) was 1) starting to get on my nerves, 2) will the Ghostwalkers ever kill him off, especially anytime soon because at 9 books it's getting a little bit old, also if all the Ghostwalkers are working together then why don't they just wipe him out considering he's such a big threat and all? and 3) Whitney seemed to be acting in a different way from the previous books, it wasn't necessary a bad thing but it was strange from the way he'd been portrayed and had come across from the other books.

Overall, Ruthless Game was a great addition to the Ghostwalker series!