sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Wild Man Creek - Robyn Carr Colin Riordan came to Virgin River to recuperate from a horrific helicopter crash, the scars of which he bears inside and out. His family is wonderfully supportive, but it's his art that truly soothes his troubled soul.Stung personally and professionally by an ill-advised affair, PR guru Jillian Matlock has rented an old Victorian with a promising garden in Virgin River. She's looking forward to cultivating something other than a corporate brand.
Both are looking to simplify, not complicate, their lives, but when Jillian finds Colin at his easel in her yard, there's an instant connection. And in Virgin River, sometimes love is the simplest choice of all.

Wild Man Creek is the next installment of Robyn Carr's wonderful small town series, Virgin River where it seems people go to fall in love. Wild Man Creek is a beautiful, sweet, classic contemporary romance about Jillian who's moved to Virgin River to escape from a relationship gone bad for a holiday of sorts to try and figure her life out now everything has changed for her. Mean while Colin, after surviving a fatal crash in Promise Canyon and starting to recover he moves to Virgin River to be close to his brother, sister-in-law and new baby nephew he tries to get his life back on track and starts painting wildlife in Virgin River as a hobby.

Colin and Jillian's story is beautifully written and although the ending of the story is already set you really don't expect for it to turn out that way which just makes it all that more wonderful!

Jillian is a wonderful heroine all the way throughout the book her determination to achieve the new life she wants for herself, her friendship with Denny, her sister Kelly and her friendship and romance with Colin are so sweet and pure it warms your heart to read.

I enjoyed Colin as the hero but at times and moments I would have enjoyed slapping him round the head yelling 'what are you doing?' happily his oldest brother Luke does try and talk some sense into him whenever possible!

As always there are other aspects going on in the storyline which help to keep the reader involved with past characters and new ones which may appear in other books. Jillian's chef sister Kelly makes an appearance along with another new member of Virgin River Lief and his spoilt annoying teenage daughter who have moved from L.A to start a new life after the death of his wife, more on this in the next book Harvest Moon.
We also find out who is the father of young ex-Marine Denny Cutler. This plot continues on from Promise Canyon and keeps you gripped to your seat as you really feel for Denny.

The scene with Luke and Jillian near the end nearly breaks my heart its so sweet and sad! And the ending! The ending oh wow! It's a perfect ending to yet another fabulous book in the Virgin River series.

Favourite Quote: "You're my adventure, Jilly. You're what I need to feel alive."