sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Edge of Sight - Roxanne St. Claire When Samantha Fairchild witnesses a murder in the wine cellar of the restaurant where she works, the Harvard-bound law student becomes the next target of a professional assassin. Desperate for protection the authorities won't provide, Sam seeks help from Vivi Angelino, an investigative reporter who recruits her brother, Zach, to protect Samantha. A Special Forces vet with the scars to prove he's equally fearless and flawed, Zach takes the job, despite the fact that he and Sam once shared a lusty interlude that ended when he left for war and disappeared from her life. Now, as they crack a conspiracy that leads to Boston's darkest corners, Sam and Zach must face their fears, desires, and doubts, before a hired killer gets a second shot.

I decided to read Edge of Sight based on Tori at Smexy Books review of the book, which I liked and thought the book would appeal to me. Sadly although the beginning of the story was great I just couldn't get into the book the way I wanted to. The character's that appealed to me the most were Sam, Vivi and Vivi's extended family. However, I couldn't connect to Zack nor Zack and Sam together. I can't pinpoint my reasoning for this because the writing was good, the storyline was appealing and kept drawing you in to the rest of the book and the characters. Which is what I want as a reader, although I didn't enjoy the book as much as I wanted too or thought I would I was unable to put the book down because I needed to know how it ended.

Although I don't plan to read the rest of this series I do plan to try and read something else by Ms St. Claire some point this year as I did enjoy her writing and characters and I don't plan to let one book put me off a new to me author.

I do adore the cover for this book because from looking at the front of it you wouldn't know straight away what genre someone was reading. I also adore it because it really is something different from a semi naked guy on the front cover which after a while I do get slightly sick of. Also the scene/background behind the cover guy really adds an eerie mystery element which I quite like.

Edge of Sight is a sweet, interesting and different read. It's a nice set up to a new series about the Angelino family starting a new family business with romance, investigation and mystery elements involved.