sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Deadly Intent - Kylie Brant Forensic linguist Macy Reid is an expert on kidnapping, having been abducted when she was a child. She is the perfect investigator to be called in when a Denver tycoon's eleven year old daughter is abducted for the second time. But Macy's biggest stumbling block may be a member of her own team; Kellan Burke, the wise-cracking, rule- breaking investigator who relishes getting under Macy's skin, and who just may be the man to help her confront the demons from her past.

Another book reviewed by Tori at Smexy Books that I liked the sound of and I did enjoy the book however, I felt the book leant more towards the suspense and thriller side than it did to the romance side. Although I enjoyed it for this reason I felt a little let down that it was classed as a romance when the romance was secondary to the overall storyline and because there was such a lack of romance in Deadly Intent, it lost 1 star. I felt the story in the romance aspect would have gone much better if Macy and Kel hadn't previously slept together before the book even started and they just had the banter, teasing and annoying each other part from the start of the story. However, Deadly Intent is the fourth book in the Mindhunters series and although I read this without feeling I was missing anything from the previous books maybe if I'd read the previous books I would have a better understanding of Macy and Kel's 'relationship' .

I really liked the overall storyline of a tycoon's eleven year old daughter being abducted for the second time and who had taken her and why and seeing Macy, Kel and others work out who took her and where she was. I liked Macy, she was smart, aware and interesting but at times she seemed aloof and annoying. Sadly, I didn't much like Kel. I can't pinpoint why exactly although he reminded me of Tony from NCIS at times he wasn't a bad character or even annoying I just didn't take to him, which lost another star to Deadly Intent.

I really enjoyed Ms Brants writing style and the set up of the story kept me gripped through the entire book if anyone disturbed me I quickly snapped at them 'I'm reading!' until I had finished it.

Overall I did like Deadly Intent and would recommend it to any fan of suspense, thriller reader who likes a dash of romance added to their story lines. I also would happily read another Kylie Brant book!