sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Naked in Death  - J.D. Robb It is the year 2058, and technology now completely rules the world. But New York City Detective Eve Dallas knows that the irresistible impulses of the human heart are still ruled by just one thing-passion.
When a senator's daughter is killed, the secret life of prostitution she'd been leading is revealed. The high-profile case takes Lieutenant Eve Dallas into the rarefied circles of Washing-ton politics and society. Further complicating matters is Eve's growing attraction to Roarke, who is one of the wealthiest and most influential men on the planet, devilishly handsome and the leading suspect in the investigation.

I'm a huge, massive Nora Roberts fan and I previously got Remember When on Read It Swap It written by Nora Roberts and J.D Robb and I read the first Nora Roberts story and quite enjoyed it then started the J.D Robb story and although I liked it I didn't really have a clue what was going on so had to stop 1/4 of the way in and decided to try the Naked in Death series just from the 1/4 I read on Remember When that I enjoyed and also some people on twitter recommend the series.

Right from the very first page of Naked in Death J.D Robb draws you straight into Eve Dallas world and who she is. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about Eve's world, we're taken to the future and see how the world is different in 2058, it's nothing too far fetched and is quite believable in how the world has changed. I loved the vast and interesting array of characters Naked in Death had to offer, a know what she wants kick ass Detective who is still dealing with traumas she suffered as a child, her kooky but loyal and interesting best friend Mavis, loyal co-worker Captain Feeney, up to no good reporter Nadine, Eve's boss Commander Whitney, Roarke and his busy body Somerset who knows Eve isn't good enough for his boss.
I love, adored and enjoyed the banter and relationship between Roarke and Eve, how Roarke is a very alpha character used to being the one in charge and getting everything he wants stumble around a little with Eve and see their relationship change and become something more much to Eve's annoyance. Although I started reading Naked in Death for it's mystery and thriller, crime story it was the love story between Roarke and Eve that pulled me further in, I did enjoy the mystery, crime aspect of the book but it really became secondary to the dynamics that were happening between Eve and Roarke.
Naked in Death didn't come as a surprise but once it get its teeth into you there is noway its letting go.

Favourite Quotes:
'The man's got more money than God, and he sends you a bag of coffee?'
'Real coffee.'
'Oh, well then' In disgust, Mavis waved a hand. 'I don't care what the damn stuff costs a pound, Dallas. A woman wants glitter.'
Eve brought the bag to her face and sniffed deep. 'Not this woman. The son of a bitch knew just how to get to me' she sighed. 'In more ways than one.'

'Mrs Finestein, are you telling me that you added synthetic cyanide compound to as custard pie with the intention of killing your husband?'

"He pressed his lips to her hair and hoped she would sleep."

Overall, Naked in Death is a brilliant, amazing read that I would recommend everyone to try if they haven't already and thank everyone for telling me to give this series a try because it is amazing!