sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Dangerous Secrets - Katie Reus Isabelle Ballantine has been fighting for independence since she was old enough to walk. Now that she's finally out from under her father's shadow, she won't let anyone stand in her way. It's tough living on her own, working in a bar and keeping her true identity a secret, but things start to look up when a sexy new stranger walks into her life. After working side by side for weeks, Izzy can't figure out why he won't make a move. To cinch the deal of a lifetime, Adam Marcellus agrees to help Izzy's eccentric father convince his daughter to move home. He'd assumed Izzy would be another spoiled rich princess, but he's surprised to discover his feelings for her are stronger than anything he's ever experienced. When a deranged stalker targets her, Adam finds himself fighting not only an unknown threat, but an unexpected attraction to the one woman he can't have.

After searching through netgalley I read the blurb for Dangerous Secrets and was instantly drawn to it. After downloading it however I started having second thoughts. Was this really going to be the book for me? It sounded too much like a contemporary romance than a romantic suspense and so I left it sitting on my Ereader before giving myself a mental shake and finally read it.

Dangerous Secrets is a mix between a contemporary romance and a romantic suspense with a little less suspense (if that makes sense!). It really blew me away with the storyline and the chemistry between Izzy and Adam. I really liked Izzy she comes across as a sweet, warm, kind hero who’s sick of her rich father sticking his nose into her problems when she shares them with him. Izzy wants to be able to confide in her father but every time she does he turns round and interferes with her problems, which is driving Izzy round the bend so she finally decides to move away and take a job where her father can’t intervene. Her father retaliates by making Adam and his brother try to convince Izzy to move back home and for their hard work Izzy’s father will give them the security job they want. However, nothing goes to plan when Adam ends up falling for Izzy, there’s a murderer on the loose and his sights end up set on Izzy and finally Izzy finds out what her father and Adam planned. Dangerous Secrets has everything you could want in a romance book, wrapped in a nice little package with some awesome writing.

Overall Dangerous Secrets is a brilliant story and I would highly recommend it!