sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Captivated - Nora Roberts Fascinating and irresistible, the mysterious Donovan cousins share a secret that's been handed down through generations, a secret that sets them apart from ordinary beings.
His interest in her was purely professional. Or so he told himself. Nash Kirkland had sought out the alluring Morgana Dovovan to help him research his latest screenplay, though the hard-headed skeptic didn't believe for a minute she was what she professed to be. But, as Morgana revealed herself to him, Nash found himself falling under her bewitching spell. Nash had never trusted his feelings and always kept them in check. So how could he be sure the irresistible passion he felt for Morgana was real and not just some conjurer's trick?

I first read Captivated back in 2008 and couldn’t for the life of me remember the ending so while looking at the books in my favourite charity shop I couldn’t pass it up for just a 99p!
I’ll be completely honest, I may be a big Nora Roberts fan but I am however not a fan of Captivated. The hero and the heroine, Nash and Morgana just annoyed me. I didn’t feel like the story really went anywhere, other than to introduce you the family Donovan and the other characters that would appear in the next two books.

I liked the idea of this book but sadly it just didn’t work for me overall, but I liked meeting Morgana’s two cousins, I enjoyed the ending of the book and not because I could put the book down but because it was a sweet and funny ending that I did truly enjoy. I just couldn’t warm up to Nash and Morgana and I found that ultimately disappointing.

Overall, you could miss this book and it wouldn’t be a big miss however, you would miss more information on the two other cousins that follow in this series.

11th October 2009