sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Crux - Moira Rogers Jackson Holt makes a decent living as a private investigator in New Orleans, home of one of the largest underground supernatural populations in the United States. He and his partners have never met a case they couldn't crack, until a local bar owner asks him to do a little digging on her newest hire. New Orleans is the fourth destination in as many months for Mackenzie Brooks, a woman on the run from a deranged stalker. After all, any man who shows up on her doorstep claiming to be her destined lover has more than a few screws loose. But crazy doesn't explain why he always finds her no matter how far she runs. When her well-meaning boss puts a PI on her case, Mackenzie comes face to face with the incredible truth: magic is real, and whatever spell has kept her hidden and separate from the paranormal world is rapidly deteriorating. With time running out, she has no choice but to trust Jackson as he struggles to uncover the truth of her past-and her destiny.

After reading Deadlock, I became intrigued with Jackson and Mackenzie and really had to buy Crux to find out how they got together and what their story was.
Crux wasn’t as good as Deadlock however I did enjoy it. I really adored Jackson and how much of a sweetie he was too Mackenzie and how he was such a gentleman towards her and just... Jackson himself! *Want* I quite liked Mackenzie she wasn’t a hapless, annoying damsel nor was she a kick ass chick ready to take the bad guys on but a mixture of the two combined with her head firmly on her shoulders and ready to do what she could to keep herself safe and try to survive. However, although I really liked this two characters I found I had trouble at times believe there was more than lust between those two lovely characters but by the end of the book I was pleased they managed to get their own HEA as I thought they were both sweet people.
It was also interesting to see a slightly different side to the characters I saw in Deadlock, it was nice to see them all at the beginning when everything had just started.

I really like the book cover, it’s sort of werewolf sexy without even knowing what the book is about.

Overall, I liked Crux and thought it was a great first book in an interesting series that I’d happily recommend to Paranormal Romance fans.