sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Blood and Steel - Angela Knight I was intrigued by the synopsis on Netgalley about Blood and Steel enough to request a review and was accepted. I’ve read some of Angela Knights books in and past and enjoyed them so thought I’d try something a bit different.

Blood and Steel is a short story set in a futuristic sci-fi world, it’s part of Ms Knight’s Vampires, but I haven’t read any of the others so far. I liked the storyline and the two characters Elyn and Blade yet I felt confused about what was going on and why everything was so different. Once I got past that though I did like the storyline. Elyn has been turned into a vampire and forced to do awful things and endure awful things for the last 50 years because of the vampire who turned her still has control of her until Blade turns up and kills him, Elyn ends up on the run because she’s sure Blade is going to kill her next for what happened to his team. I enjoyed the action side of Blood and Steel, it’s very kick ass but was a bit disappointed with the relationship side of Elyn and Blade, as Elyn had be brutally raped and beaten by her master vampire for the past 50 years yet she quite easily jumps into bed with Blade without any real issues or anything which I found hard to believe.

Overall, I liked the story I just thought it was a bit too short.