sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance #1) - Larissa Ione His name is Ares, and the fate of mankind rests on his powerful shoulders. If he falls to the forces of evil, the world falls too. As one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, he is far stronger than any mortal, but even he cannot fight his destiny forever. Not when his own brother plots against him.
Yet there is one last hope. Gifted in a way other humans can't-or won't-understand, Cara Thornhart is the key to both this Horseman's safety and his doom. But involving Cara will prove treacherous, even beyond the maddening, dangerous desire that seizes them the moment they meet. For staving off eternal darkness could have a staggering cost: Cara's life.

*Note: Sorry for posting this review late! I lost my notes that I made after reading this (My other half possibly threw them out!) so my review may be a bit patchy. Sorry!

I thoroughly loved and adored Eternal Rider! I could hardly put the book down, even when I went to the bathroom I wanted to take it with me and was thinking about it so much when I did put it down.
Ares was an interesting hero to have; he stayed true to his beliefs throughout the book which I really loved! He was a badass at the start of the book and he was still a badass at the end of the book. But really what really, really made the book for me was Cara! I was expecting her to be more... girly and needy and well, annoying. But she wasn’t, she was a really great character! Of course at times she was girly and needy but it wasn’t over the top nor was it extreme, it fit the situation she was in. I liked Cara with Hal, it was a very bemusing situation which added some lightness to the storyline that wasn’t necessary but still enjoyable.
It was nice to see the brother/sister relationship with Limos, Than, Reseph and Ares showing how they used to all be and interact in small flashbacks and personal thoughts. I’m looking forward to learning more about the horsemen and their relationships with each other as well as their HEA.
It was also nice to see some of the guys from the Demonica series and be taken back to Underground General Hospital, I also liked seeing more of Arik who’s in the next book Immortal Rider due out in December!
What I haven’t yet mentioned.... Pestilence! Oh my god! One of the best villain’s I’ve read in a while! Seriously that guy is c.r.e.p.p.y! I’m really interested in how Reseph is going to play out because he’s already having interesting moments that keep making me squee and wonder, but I do like him as the villain but I also like the flashbacks we’re given on his life and I cannot wait to find out if Ms Ione can actually redeem him and how she does it, and how tormented he might be or will he not remember the awful, cruel things he’s done!

Favourite Quotes:
“And yes, it was a he. She didn’t have to look... she just knew.”
“...he’d been hobbled like a brood mare waiting to be mounted by a randy stallion.”
“You love them, and they die. That’s what’s going to happen to you, Cara.”
“The little minx squealed, turned and ran, but she didn’t have a prayer. He was faster, and he was going to take her down like a wolf on a deer.”

Overall, Eternal Rider was a truly brilliant book and an interesting start to what looks like a great series. A total must read for paranormal fans!