sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Sabine - Moira Rogers I received this Arc copy from the author and was seriously happy to read and re-read this quite a few times before I reviewed it. My reasoning why, well I think the warning explains it.
Warning: This story contains cruel betrayal, destined love, vile curses, smoldering reunions, wicked deeds between wanton shapeshifters and a happily-ever-after worthy of any fairy tale.

Sabine has to be hands down one of the best short stories I have ever read! I am a huge paranormal romance fan; I think I will always pick a paranormal romance over anything, including chocolate! But I’m not a huge fan of short stories I often feel like the story is too short and rushed and nothing gets explained in enough detail, but Sabine is nothing like this! It may be a short story but it explains everything extremely well just within the first few pages. The first few pages are so well written and gripping that I couldn’t help but become hooked to the story and managed to finish it quite quickly.
Sabine is an extremely sad but sweet and lovely story, it really did remind me in some ways of a modern take on a fairytale. I really liked Ciar, I don’t think I would have liked him so much without him being hardened by war and becoming a tougher man mainly because of his actions in not protecting Sabine enough when he knew how much his Mother disliked the idea of him and Sabine being mated. For a while Ciar is so truly sorry for what Sabine suffered it’s quite sweet and heart-warming to see how Ciar had hope for surviving the war and being reunited with Sabine.
Sabine, however was what really made the story for me, she’s a great heroine. She’s really tough and I don’t mean in a fighting sense, she’s emotionally strong and I just really liked how she was written.

Favourite Quote:
“Ciar.” She turned and whispered something that sounded like either a plea or a prayer, though he could not make out the words.

Overall, Sabine was a great short story, that I really recommend, it sets up a interesting new series, the next book Kisri is out 21st June!