sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10) - Nalini Singh Since the moment of her defection from the PsyNet and into the SnowDancer wolf pack, Sienna Lauren has had one weakness. Hawke. Alpha and dangerous, he compels her to madness. Hawke is used to walking alone, having lost the woman who would've been his mate long ago. But Sienna fascinates the primal heart of him, even as he tells himself she is far too young to handle the wild fury of the wolf. Then Sienna changes the rules and suddenly, there is no more distance, only the most intimate of battles between two people who were never meant to meet. Yet as they strip away each other's secrets in a storm of raw emotion, they must also ready themselves for a far more vicious fight... A deadly enemy is out to destroy SnowDancer, striking at everything they hold dear, but it is Sienna's darkest secret that may yet savage the pack that is her home... and the alpha who is its heartbeat.

Kiss of Snow is a really slow and seductive story that doesn’t fail to draw the reader in and make them route for Sienna and Hawke and/or Walker and Lara. I was super excited when Kiss of Snow downloaded to my kindle and was really glued to the story right until the end.
There is so much to say about Kiss of Snow I don’t even know where to really begin. All I can really say is Kiss of Snow was everything I wanted it to be. I was super happy to have Sienna prove Hawke wrong and see her grow even that little bit more while Hawke and Sienna danced around each other. I was a little sad that we didn’t get a lot from Kit but what we did get made me love him even more and I seriously hope that eventually Kit gets his own book.
I liked that we got another relationship with Walker and Lara in a Kiss of Snow because while I enjoyed Hawke and Sienna’s relationship it was at times so intense and explosive that Walker and Lara brought some change that I really needed and liked. It helped break it up for me and it also made it more of a seduction for the reader with both stories going along and pulling the reader in wanting both couples to get together.
However, and there’s always a however, I’m sorry to say I’m a DarkRiver girl at heart so the best part of the book for me was getting some more Lucas and Sasha and their happy family, which I adored.
I liked the Psy parts although I thought there would be something bigger and meaner than there was but maybe that’s a bit soon. I would have liked more Kalab but a girl can’t have everything.

Favourite Quotes:
“He’d held her as if she mattered before breaking her heart. And that, she couldn’t, wouldn’t forgive.”

“Understanding that that failsafe might well be a lethal one, he said, “Do you really think I’d let you go that easily?” An implacable glance from eyes that were suddenly decades older than him. “I’m not yours to let go.”

“Their child still wasn’t sure they knew what they were talking about, but it was ready.”

“Sometimes I really want to” – a frustrated sound – “bite you!” He froze. “I might let you.” “I won’t do it if you’d enjoy it.”

“You called me in my bullshit,” he said, raising his other knee and bringing her in between. “Made me mad as fucking hell, and it’ll probably do the same in the future when you do it again. Fair warning.”

Overall, I really enjoyed Kiss of Snow I think it really is a must read for this series. If you haven’t read this series yet I highly suggest you give it ago!