sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Kisri - Moira Rogers After three years at war, Ennon bears the burden of seeing the High Lord’s vast armies home. Keeping thousands of fiercely independent lions in line isn’t easy. When his soldiers discover a beautiful, royal female hidden beneath an illusion spell, the lure of her inheritance threatens the order of his camp.
The men of her family protected Kisri, until the war stole them away. Tired of defending herself from greedy suitors, she’s in search of her only remaining male relative. Instead she finds Ennon, her cousin’s most dangerous warrior. Perhaps the only man in the kingdom who has no interest in claiming her birthright. Which makes him unique…and tempting.
Delivering Kisri to his High Lord’s side—while keeping his distance—is Ennon’s one and only duty. Yet Kisri’s untutored advances crack his formidable resistance. And she proves to be a dangerously adept student. Especially when their passion wakes a magic beyond their control.

Kisri is a wonderful sexy read, that kept me highly entertained throughout. Kisri is a really high spirited character that I enjoyed, Kisri is tired of the men trying to take advantage of her while her family is at war and she’s losing her family members, yet her suitors don’t stop trying to force her hand at marriage so Kisri runs away and tries to find her cousin who will hopefully protect her from these men and not force her to chose a man she doesn’t like. She hides as a man in the camps and is found out and returned to her cousin by his warrior Ennon, and on their journey they explore their relationship.
I really liked Ennon I thought he was a great character and was really well written and likeable, a great alpha character who knew who he was, what he liked and what he wanted. Kisri on the other hand, although I liked her I felt she was at times too much the spoilt brat and too used to getting her own way. She knows she’s going to have to marry someone and before she does she decides she wants to have her fun with Ennon, even though she knows if her cousin finds out he’ll be in a whole heap of trouble, but does she care? Erm... no! She really wants Ennon. I liked how Kisri’s cousin takes Kisri and Ennon’s behaviour of their relationship and helps them along.

Favourite Quotes:
“That was all they could be. Memories, and ones she couldn’t savor too closely until after, when there was no danger that longing and affection could bind her to him in ways that could never be undone.”

Overall a really great short story that I highly recommend and I’m looking forward to reading the next two stories in this series next year!