sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Primal Hunger - Sydney Somers Kennedy Beaumont loves her bartending job, even if her spirited nature sometimes gets her in trouble. Like threatening to hose down one of Pendragon’s co-owners. When it comes to Tristan, she could use a good hosing down herself—maybe it’ll help her stop casting him as the star of her wickedest dreams. Since he goes out of his way to avoid her, it ought to be easy to put him out of her head—until he reluctantly offers her a ride home.
Gargoyle shape-shifter Tristan Callaghan hasn’t had time for anything other than recovering the mystical dagger that was used to permanently lock his brother in a prison of stone. The cat inside him should have stopped craving Kennedy’s touch long ago, but now that she’s sitting next to him in his car, his very human need for her is sharper than ever.
The distraction is costly. In a split second, Kennedy finds herself thrust into a dangerous, millennia-old hunt for Excalibur. A hunt that marks her for death—and leaves Tristan with a painful choice—sacrifice his family, his quest…or the one woman meant to be his.

There's so much packed into this short story I'm not even sure where to begin. But I'll give it a go, Primal Hunger is an interesting and different story from what I'm used to it's full of action, adventure and seduction that I couldn't help but be pulled into Primal Hunger and just wish it was much longer and drawn out.

Favourite Quote:
"If Alice had smoked crack before falling down the rabbit hole, she would have undoubtedly witnessed something exactly like the confrontation unfolding no more than five feet from Kennedy. Right about now, though, she'd gladly take the Mad Hatter and Cheshire cat over the pair circling each other."

Overall, Primal Hunger is a great read and a great first story in the Pendragon Gargoyles series.