sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Archangel's Consort - Nalini Singh Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux and her lover, the lethally beautiful archangel Raphael, have returned home to New York only to face an uncompromising new evil…
A vampire has attacked a girls’ school—the assault one of sheer, vicious madness—and it is only the first act. Rampant bloodlust takes vampire after vampire, threatening to make the streets run with blood. Then Raphael himself begins to show signs of an uncontrolled rage, as inexplicable storms darken the city skyline and the earth itself shudders.
The omens are suddenly terrifyingly clear.
An ancient and malevolent immortal is rising. The violent winds whisper her name: Caliane. She has returned to reclaim her son, Raphael. Only one thing stands in her way: Elena, the consort who must be destroyed.

Archangel’s Consort is less action packed than the previous books in the Guild Hunter series but it’s still an interesting book that provides lots of information to the reader about Elena’s past and future and Rapheal’s past with his relationship with his mother. I enjoyed that Archangel’s Consort was a more slowed down read because Elena’s been through so much it would be impossible to believe that she would be back to full strength and her normal self after everything she’s been through. Archangel’s Consort was more of an eye opener to Elena’s ‘old’ family life, what she went through how she feels now and what’s changing, which I personally enjoyed. I don’t think I could have taken it if we didn’t get some more background on Raphael as well as Elena because I’m not a big fan of a mystery. What I will say is that however much I enjoyed Archangel’s Consort I felt that I was teased a lot by the storyline with the build up to the end of the book with the ‘battle’ between Raphael and his mother Caliane, but like many other reviews have already stated it was very anti-climatic and I felt a tad bit let down. Not because of the situation with Raphael’s mother but with the other situation, I seriously wanted her dead and gone and felt like I was teased throughout Archangel’s Consort with the idea of a different ending. I have to say although I enjoyed this book I’m glad there will be a small break from Elena and Raphael being the main couple because I need/want/desire more on Raphael’s seven!

Favourite Quotes:
“But what she felt for this male, this archangel, it was stronger, more powerful need, one that gave her an insight the hunter alone would’ve never had.”

“Grinning, Elena shifted the harness a fraction higher as Deacon went to sit beside Sara and steal her ice cream. The moment was so normal that for an instant, she could almost believe she’d never left New York, never fallen into the arms of an archangel.”

“Because they were linked, she and her archangel, two parts slowly become whole.”

Overall, I enjoyed Archangel’s Consort and am looking forward to more books in this series.