sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Alien Tango - Gini Koch It's been five months since marketing manager Katherine "Kitty" Katt started working with the aliens from Alpha Centauri, and she and Jeff Martini are getting closer. But when an experimental spacecraft is mysteriously returned to the Kennedy Space Center, Kitty and the rest of her team are called in to investigate. Now the team must survive murderous attacks, remove a space entity from a group of astronauts, and avoid an unhinged woman with a serious crush on Kitty's high school boyfriend. And that's all before evil masterminds decide Kitty's extermination is vital.

I found the first 50 plus pages in Alien Tango although good to be a bit slow in comparison to Touched by an Alien but it soon picked up pace and Alien Tango brought back everything I loved about Touched by an Alien and a whole lot more. It’s just as fun, interesting and Kitty is as kick-ass and awesome as ever. In Alien Tango we finally get to meet Kitty’s best male friend Chuckie which really adds a great twist to the book and the series which I surprised myself in really liking because I’m not really a fan of love triangles but Alien Tango doesn’t really give you a standard love triangle but something so much more. We get introduced to some new characters that are so interesting and ACE is so thought provoking that I can’t help but like him. However much I enjoyed Alien Tango I did find it a little sad towards the end and without giving too much away I have to say I’m so glad it worked out and that it ended happily and everything was resolved.
Kitty finally gets to meet Martini’s family, which is rather large and Kitty has to deal with more than she imagined with Martini’s extended family. Martini and Christopher doesn’t deal well with them but Kitty in her usual charming manner manages to handle them just fine and I think it was a great turning point in their relationship because finally Kitty gets through to the younger generation and helps to make changes that others have been unable to do.

Favourite Quotes:
“Nothing in this world matters more to me than you. Your happiness, your safety. I’d lock you up at the Science Center to keep you out of this situation, but I know you’d get out somehow.”
“I would, because I won’t let anything happen to you, either.”
“I know. That’s what I tell myself every time we’re in danger – at least I’m there to catch you when you fall.”
Overall, I’m loving this series, I’m so happy I decided to give it a go and can’t wait to read the next book in this series.