sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Lord of the Vampires - Gena Showalter Once upon a time…the Blood Sorcerer vanquished the kingdom of Elden. To save their children, the queen scattered them to safety and the king filled them with a need for vengeance. Only a magical timepiece connects the four royal heirs…and time is running out. Nicolai the Vampire is renowned for his virility, but in a cruel twist of fate “The Dark Seducer” has become a sex slave in the kingdom of Delfina—stripped of his precious timepiece and his memory. All that remains is a primal need for freedom, revenge—and the only woman who can help him. When the wanton vampire summons Jane Parker, she is helpless to obey. She's drawn to his dark sexuality and into his magical realm. But for this human, all is not a fairy tale. For saving Nicolai could mean losing the only man she's ever craved.

Lord of the Vampires is the first in the Royal House of Shadows series by four different authors, Gena Showalter, Jill Monroe, Jessica Anderson & Nalini Singh. They all have the same element to the series that “Once upon a time…the Blood Sorcerer vanquished the kingdom of Elden. To save their children, the queen scattered them to safety and the king filled them with vengeance. Only a magical timepiece connects the four royal heirs…and time is running out…” each author has one of the siblings and each story will unfold what has happened to Elden and how these events have changed the siblings and will eventually bring it all together to close the story.
I was quite surprised with Gena Showalter’s story because it was something much different from what I’m used to, also it defiantly wasn’t what I expected. I didn’t love Lord of the Vampires because I found the heroine Jane rubbed me the wrong me from nearly the beginning and I think this is one of the hardest things I had to get through because normally I love and adore Gena Showalter’s heroines but Jane just didn’t work for me. I found her to be quite annoying however, at times I also felt Nicolai was a bit too overplayed with his extremely alpha attitude and memory loss and whacked out behaviour however, there were things I did like and enjoy about Lord of the Vampires, I enjoyed how Jane became a stronger person and more independent also how she never really gave up and was quite a determined person and I enjoyed parts of Jane and Nicolai relationship from the middle of the story to the end were what I enjoyed most.

Favourite Quotes:
“Nicolai was walking death. His expression, what few times she glimpsed it, considering how quickly he was moving, was cold.”

“Nicolai fascinated her. He was bossy and arrogant, yet protective when it mattered. He was a killer with a lover’s hands.”

Overall, Lord of Vampires was an interesting and intriguing start to a new series that I’m interesting in reading more on.