sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Burning Skies - Caris Roane Woop! Finally finished it just in time for the third book to come out! Didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one though :(

A vampire warrior in exile, Marcus Amargi resists the call to return to the ranks of the Guardians who fight the death vamp armies. Here on Mortal Earth, Marcus has another battle on his hands—the seductive lure of Havily Morgan. The woman meant for him. Whose blood he craves. The one who comes to him in dreams—and demands his surrender. A beautiful immortal with extraordinary powers, Havily lives in the realm of Second Earth but, in her fantasies, yearns for her winged lover Marcus. Soon, their bond will be put to the ultimate test. When their bloodthirsty enemies set the night on fire with sky-blazing weapons, Marcus and Havily must unite body and soul, to unleash the full power of their passion—and fight fire with fire.

I’ll be completely honest and say I was a bit disappointed with Burning Skies in comparison to the first book Ascension which I quite enjoyed. I found the situation the hero Marcus to be in was rather similar to that of Kerrick (the hero in Ascension). Where he’d lost people he loved and was unwilling to move forward with someone else because of the losses he had faced and because he was refusing to love again which was the same as Kerrick in the first book and I have to say that if this happens in the third book I will be quitting this series because it is far to repetitive and annoying for my tastes.
I really liked Havily though and sort of wished she’d gotten with any of the other guys it would have been much better because I felt that Havily after a while was also on a bit of a repetitive cycle with Marcus that he was a deserter and she could never forgive him for deserting his fellow Warriors which was a big part of the book. What I did like was the set up for the next book with Parisa and Medichi which came out at the end of August.