sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Supernatural - Larissa Ione, Alexandra Ivy, Jacquelyn Frank, G.A. Aiken Vampire Fight Club by Larissa Ione

When a wave of violence forces shapeshifter Vladlena to go undercover, her first stop is a haven of vice—with a dangerously sexy vamp in charge. Both Vladlena and Nathan are hiding something, but they can't conceal the lust that simmers between them . . .

I really enjoyed Vampire Fight Club I thought it was an intriguing sexy short read that I’m sure I’ll come back to again and again. I loved Lena I thought she was a brilliant character and to be honest I couldn’t help but like her she’s a nurse at Underworld General and when her brother comes in badly beaten and dies Lena won’t stop until she finds out who did this to her brother who has always protected her. Although I had my moments of thinking Nathan was an idiot, he of course came through and really managed to shine quite quickly in the book, I liked seeing how much Nathan came back to life because of Lena and how much he wanted to change his wrongs to be enough for Lena. I enjoyed yet another glimpse into the Demonica world that Ms Ione really brings to life and I enjoyed seeing a slightly darker side than normal with this short story. Definitely a must read for Demonica and Lords of Deliverance fans!

Darkness Eternal by Alexandra Ivy

After being held captive by one vampire for four centuries, Kata had no intention of taking another one to the underworld with her. Yet even in the pits of hell, there's no ignoring the intoxicating desire awakened by his touch. . .

Darkness Eternal takes off shortly after Devoured by Darkness, bringing the story back round to Laylah’s mother Kata who has been held captive by her evil vampire sister and a sinister mage. The magic that was placed on Kata has been lifted (for reasons why, read the book!) and she is finally free until Uriel comes to rescue her and instead they both get sucked into hell where her vampire sister is waiting for them to tie her sister to her for the final time. While I really enjoyed the character’s Darkness Eternal I had two small ‘problems’ with the story, first I really missed the humour Ms Ivy normally provides us with in her Guardians of Eternity series although they was some humour it wasn’t enough for me but there was so much going on in the story I could easily overlook it and secondly I felt the relationship between Kata and Uriel while enjoyable was rushed at the ending, I would have preferred not to have the wrapping up quite to neatly.

Kane by Jacquelyn Frank

Kane knows Corrine was meant to be his. . . just as he knows that truly possessing the lovely human is forbidden. But on the night of the Samhain moon, the beast in every demon is stronger than reason, and Kane's hunger is more powerful than any punishment. . .

I’ve been waiting for Kane and Corrine’s story since I read Jacob a long time ago and thankfully I wasn’t disappointed with what Ms Frank delivered. Kane was a lovely sweet sexy read that shows you how Kane slipped and became obsessed with Corrine. It doesn’t really detail what Corrine went through after Kane touched her and she changed, if she suffered and how it’s about how Kane helps Corrine deal with this new world Kane has brought her into and trying to make her stronger while he’s chained to a bed! Kane is a really great character and an uber sweetie to Corrine as he feels so guilty for the pain he’s caused her and Corrine comes across as a lovely girl too. A definite must read for readers of Jacob and Nightwalkers series. This short story works great as a stand-alone too so if you’ve not read any of the books in the Nightwalkers series, don’t panic you won’t be lost and I really recommend giving this one a go!

Dragon on Top by G.A. Aiken

Escorting the highborn Bram through deadly Sand Dragon territory will try Ghleanna's patience. . . and her resolve. For Bram is determined to enhance the journey with a seduction no female could resist. . .

I’m not a big fan of the Dragon Kin series, I think I liked the first book but it went downhill from there for me and sadly Dragon on Top just didn’t work for me at all. Ghleanna is a warrior dragon part of the Calawaldr clan and a tough take no bull kind of female that likes killing and fighting. She’s just had her heartbroken or been humiliated in front of her soldiers (depending which way you look at it) and has been ordered by Queen Rihanna to escort Bram to make a peace treaty with another group of dragons. Bram is the opposite of Ghleanna, peaceful, smart and not a killer and has been in love with her for a long time yet she never seems to notice him which is largely played upon thoughout the story. I found Dragon on Top to be funny at times but it wasn’t something I really enjoyed.

3 Stars!