sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
My Kind of Christmas - Robyn Carr The Riordan brothers may have a reputation for being rough-and tumble, but Patrick has always been the gentle, sweet-natured one. These days, his easygoing manner is being tested by his high-octane career as a navy pilot. But for the Riordan brothers, when the going gets tough…the tough find the love of a good woman.
Except the woman who has caught Patrick’s attention is Jack Sheridan’s very attractive niece.
Angie LeCroix comes to Virgin River to spend Christmas relaxing, away from her well-intentioned but hovering mother. Yet instead of freedom, she gets Jack Sheridan. If her uncle had his way, she’d never go out again. And certainly not with rugged, handsome Patrick Riordan. But Angie has her own idea of the kind of Christmas she wants—and the kind of man!
Patrick and Angie thought they wanted to be left alone this Christmas—until they meet each other. Then they want to be left alone together. But the Sheridan and Riordan families have different plans for Patrick and Angie—and for Christmas, Virgin River–style!

It's that time of year again. Christmas in Virgin River. It's one of my favourite times because Ms Carr always writes such sweet, heart wrenching (in a good way!) Christmas reads, and she did it again with My Kind of Christmas.My Kind of Christmas is the twentieth book in the Virgin River series, how did Ms Carr hit twenty books already? I've read all but two of them and I've enjoyed everyone I've read. Ms Carr's Virgin River series is exactly what I look for in a contemporary romance, I can't get enough of this series.

Angie and Patrick have both been through big ordeal's in their lives and are both finding sanctuary in Virgin River to lick their wounds and to find their way again. For Angie although she's physically recovered she's rethinking her path in life and is at a crossroads with which direction to take and she's not having an easy time of it with her interfering, over worrying Mother constantly in the background trying to push her in the direction she thinks her daughter should go.
Patrick on the other hand doesn't want to tell his brother's his real reason for being in Virgin River although he too has recovered physically, Patrick needs to mentally recover but even with the help of Angie, Patrick still has a few problems.

My Kind of Christmas is an extremely sweet story between Angie and Patrick. To start with Patrick has to deal with the age difference between himself and Angie but thankfully he overcomes this quickly once he realises that she's been through so much and is much older and wiser than her actual years. I didn't mind the age difference at all, I thought it actually helped progress the storyline because Patrick got a whole new look at Angie. While Angie got to deal with a man who knew himself, his needs and his wants but who was set on a very strange idea the whole way through the book. I think really Patrick had survivors guilt that he twists or confuses until the very end of the book. Which is the only part of the book I had issues with. Patrick and Angie are really great characters and make an even greater couple but Patrick is so hung up on what he should do instead of what he needed to do that more often than not I got annoyed with him and how Angie could be so understanding and forgiving (at the end).
Other than that My Kind of Christmas is a great contemporary romance that gives the reader exactly what they expect from the Virgin River series.

My Kind of Christmas reintroduces a lot of the previous characters, which I always love. The older characters have sort of become a larger family or a clan really although they all have their individual families they are make time for each other and their community. For example with the Christmas tree. I think it's my favourite scene in each Christmas story that there's always some sort of humour and interest when the massive Christmas tree goes up in the square and all the lights go on. It's sort of what really makes Christmas in Virgin River much more special and romantic.

My Kind of Christmas was another great read from Robyn Carr. I highly recommend the Virgin River series and My Kind of Christmas as a Christmas read. You don't have to read the entire series to grasp each book either you can read each one individually and out of order if there are certain storylines that don't appeal to you.