sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Assassin's Heart - Monica Burns I enjoyed Assassin's Heart, not as much as Assassin's Honor but I still thought it was good!

Was it just me, or did anyone else find Assassin's Heart much more angsty than the first book? It could possibly be because I’ve just finished it but I’m unsure. And by angsty I mean the relationship between Lysander and Phaedra. It was so much back and forth, are we together are we not? What would be next to stop their relationship from moving forward, at one point I just had to put the book down because I was getting so frustrated with the back and forth of their relationship I needed a break!

The rest of the book however, was amazing. I wasn’t a big fan of how the book started, with Lysander’s torture scene and the death of his team but once that was over I really got into Assassin’s Heart. It was brilliantly written, the writing was one of the main things that kept me hooked with Assassin’s Heart, the other was the storyline. I loved the overall storyline, Lysander trying to deal with who his father was and what that meant for him and his relationship with Phaedra that he was trying to avoid. There was a secondary storyline within Assassin’s Heart featuring Atia, one of the heads of the Sicari Order and Marcus who is a Sicari Lord. They have a history which is mentioned but I’m not going to ruin it for you! But it’s so good, I enjoyed it just as much as the main story with Lysander and Phaedra.

Something else I enjoyed within the storyline, which added some interesting history about the Sicari and how they came into being was Lysander and Phaedra dreaming about their previous life as Maximus and Cassiopeia. It was great to have the idea of seeing Lysander and Phaedra in a previous life and them actually being happy together.

It was great to have Emma and Ares in Assassin’s Heart as I wasn’t sure they’d feature in another book with how Assassin’s Honor finished.

I really enjoyed the ending it was a tad bit predictable but I thought it was what Lysander needed to kick his ass into gear with Phaedra so there was no way either of them would doubt one of the others feelings again!

Overall Assassin’s Heart was a great read and I’m really looking forward to the next book sometime in the future!