sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Never Seduce a Scot - Maya Banks Eveline Armstrong is fiercely loved and protected by her powerful clan, but outsiders consider her “touched.” Beautiful, fey, with a level, intent gaze, she doesn’t speak. No one, not even her family, knows that she cannot hear. Content with her life of seclusion, Eveline has taught herself to read lips and allows the outside world to view her as daft. But when an arranged marriage into a rival clan makes Graeme Montgomery her husband, Eveline accepts her duty—unprepared for the delights to come. Graeme is a rugged warrior with a voice so deep and powerful that his new bride can hear it, and hands and kisses so tender and skilled that he stirs her deepest passions.
Graeme is intrigued by the mysterious Eveline, whose silent lips are ripe with temptation and whose bright, intelligent eyes can see into his soul. As intimacy deepens, he learns her secret. But when clan rivalries and dark deeds threaten the wife he has only begun to cherish, the Scottish warrior will move heaven and earth to save the woman who has awakened his heart to the beautiful song of a rare and magical love.

In 2012 I read Maya Banks first historical romance In Bed with a Highlander and pretty much fell in love. As soon as the other two books in the McCabe Trilogy came out I gobbled them up and loved them. I'm used to Ms Banks writing erotica or romantic suspense and really enjoy her stories and writing style but I've really fallen in love with her historical's!
Never Seduce a Scot is no different either. I really loved it. Eveline is such a brilliant character who is beautifully written. Eveline's family, the Armstrong's have a rivial clan the Montgomery's. The King is sick of their bickering and declares Eveline has to marry the elder Montgomery, Graeme. Eveline's entire family think she's a little mad but love her none the less. They worry about her being sent away to another family to keep the peace between the two clans but Eveline does it with her head held high even though she has no idea what to expect and everyone thinks she's mad instead of deaf.
Eveline's story is a really lovely one, her relationship with Graeme's family is really sweet, although Eveline does go through a few slightly hard time's but she always overcomes and wins everyone over which I think was wonderful.
My favourite part really is how Graeme doesn't seem to have that many problems with Eveline and how he tries to make their marriage work just as much as she does. One of the reasons I love this is, because a few of the historical romances I have read tend to show the hero doing everything he can to avoid making the marriage work. Separate bedrooms, not eating together that sort of thing, where Never Seduce a Scot by-passes all those annoying parts the hero and heroine have to overcome instead giving the reader some very different scenes for the hero and heroine to triumph over.
All in all a very good read coming from someone who really isn't a big fan of historical romances!