sweptawayagain

Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Waking Up Married - Mira Lyn Kelly Posted on Swept Away Again

Her first thought: "Who are you?"It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well - a funny, arrogant, sexy...husband!Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible - been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter...no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?"I don't want a divorce."

I really enjoyed the first three quarters of Waking Up Married, Megan and Connor are both really interesting characters and you really feel for Megan throughout the storyline. Yet there are a few points where you have to extend your realm of disbelief because you know a real life woman isn't going to stand up for the kind of crap the fictional character does.

Which was my main problem with Waking Up Married, having to extend my realm of disbelief isn't usually something I have to do with a contemporary romance yet I had to at times. Also Connor is a character who runs hot and cold more often than you change your socks, which I found really hard to keep up with and to see a reason for Megan to stay with Connor and ultimately to forgive him for his attitude and behaviour.

Overall, Waking Up Married starts out really well and is very well written, I just couldn't justify the characterisation of Connor and why he acts the way he does, even though his attitude is explained.