sweptawayagain

Hunted By The Others
Jess Haines
Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)
Richard Castle
Water Bound  - Christine Feehan Wow! This was not at all what I was expecting. It wasn't what I imagined it to be like. I was thinking it would go down the same line as the Drake Sister's series but it didn't. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad either, it was different.

For Sid, the last thing he remembered was been on board a yacht that was quickly sinking, the mysterious bodyguard was lost in the swirling currents of the ocean, and sucked deeper into the nothingness of a freezing black eddy. Just as quickly, just as miraculously, he was saved pulled ashore by a beautiful stranger. Her name is Rikki, a sea-urchin diver in Sea Haven. She always felt an affinity for the ocean, and the seductive pull of the tides. And now, for the enigmatic man she rescued. But soon they will be bound by something even stronger each other’s tantalizing secrets which will engulf them both in a whirlpool of dizzying passion and inescapable danger.

Sid, who's real name is Lev Prakensii and is the brother of Ilya Prakensii (Turbulent Sea #6) changes his name to Levy to make himself sound more American when he's hiding from a Russian assassin and trying to keep Rikki safe, was a really interesting character. I found him quite similar to Ilya, a real tough, rough alpha male who was suddenly out of his depth and couldn't remember what job he'd taken and how he'd ended up in the sea. Had his government finally come after him? Had one of his jobs gone bad? The possibilities were endless to him.

I quite liked Rikki once I'd got over her quirky ways of living. At first I found it hard to understand but as the story went on I found a special fondness for her. I'm looking forward to her popping up in other books from the other Sisters.

Waterbound takes off from where Hidden Currents (Drake Sisters #7) ended. It's not necessary to have read the Drake Sisters series before reading Waterbound as Ms Feehan does explain everything with the Drake family and how they fit into Sea Heaven and how Lev fitted into the previous storyline of those books.

Waterbound took me by total surprise, I did really like the book but it wasn't Ms Feehan's usual storyline style. Although Waterbound is a romantic suspense, it read more like a contemporary romance and it wasn't until I was more than halfway through the book that I realised this. I wished I'd known this before reading Waterbound as then I wouldn't have felt like something was missing the majority way through reading it and my have possibly enjoyed it more than I did.

So far Waterbound has enticed me to continue reading the next book in the Sisters of the Heart series as I'm interested in the other characters and how the "Sisters" meet their hero's and how they all bond together.